Stunned And Amazed!!!
Monday, August 29, 2005
Moving...
I am sure most of the people in the US have moved apartments/homes at least once during their stay here. I am also sure that all of such people will agree that moving is painful. I recently moved across states. This has further strenghtened my belief that moving is indeed painful. Oh God! It has been few months since I moved and still I think I am moving or transitioning. I think by the time I feel at home in my new apartment it will be time to move out of this apartment.

Few things I realized in the moving process. I am sure you can relate to some or all of this.
  • You have so much crap at home that you dont know exists.
  • This is the time you decide you should read all those b'day cards, autograph books, look at your photo album and in this process waste very little of the precious time you have.
  • You realize that there is nothing like the comfort of home.
  • Address change is the worst after effect of moving. I am sure I have definitely forgot to update my address in atleast one place.
  • Then there is the added nuisance of setting up your home. The multiple visits to target, walmart, home depot to get the stuff for your new home. One visit to these stores will definitely not be enough because I am sure you would have forgot atleast one small significant item in your initial list of things to buy.
I cant imagine how people move across countries. At times, I just think if this decision to move had been such a great idea. So much chaos, so much dislocation, is it all worth it? I just hope it is!!!
posted by BUS @ 7:36 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:48 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger RT said…

    i hv myself been thinking abt it..we are shifting too...it is not just a single person moving...family of 6 people shifting...my god! nenachale ayyooooonu irukku. Sigh!

    But good to know that u r doing some work :-)

     
  • At 6:23 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Nitya said…

    Very true BUS..Its more difficult when you dont have movers and packers to help you;) Was a big mess when I moved from Texas to Redmond..

     
  • At 8:15 AM, September 01, 2005, Blogger RS said…

    bus - the bday card, autograph thg - very true! Ditto for address change!

    Funny post after a long time dude :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: BUS
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER