Stunned And Amazed!!!
Friday, June 10, 2005
Are you a BOGUS?
When we start blogging we do so because the idea has been put into your silly brain by one of your friends. So without understanding what you want to write or whether you want to write at all you start a blog. Your first blog is usually total nonsense. After a year if you go and read your first blog you will strangle yourself for having written such a piece of B.S. Such is the fate of the first blog.

Once your first blog has been posted you are gleaming with happiness that you have done something good in life. You are now thinking only in terms of blogs. Whatever you see, talk, hear, smell you want to blog and you do so too.

Now the next bug catches you "Blog Hopping". You are now interested not only in ur blog and ur friend's (one who inspired u to start) blog but are also interested about what others write. So starts the Blog Hopping mania. You spend days and nights reading other blogs , reading the comments. You realize that you are no genius and that there are millions of people like you.

This goes on for a month or two and then Boom!!! you enter into a depression phase!!! Y? Nobody is leaving comments on your blog. Or the number of comments you are getting is not worth mentioning compared to the number of comments other people get on their blogs. So you begin wondering "Am I writing good enuf?" "Should I blog?" "What is lacking?". You realize you want comments. You dont care about what your blog is about...you want comments ...not 1 or 2 but hundreds of them. This is when you realize what other bloggers r doing which you were not till now and decide to do the same. This is the phase when you decide that you should be blogging not for urself but for others and the second hander in you takes over. So you start imitating others who get lotsa comments. You write short stories, you write poems, you try to be romantic which you are not, you write stuff which you have never dreamt about. You take ideas from films, books, other blogs. You start writing what others want to hear. You take on a split personality. One for blogging and one for living. Soon you achieve what you have been dreaming! People are discussing your blog, adding links to your blog, leaving comments on your blog. You are the top pick for the week in someone else's blog. You have achieved it!!!

You my friend have now become a BOGUS ( BlOGger who is FamoUS)
posted by BUS @ 4:25 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:31 PM, June 10, 2005, Blogger RS said…

    Dei, idellam too much, I agree until the comments bit...after that I disagree, what if you just make an honest attempt to improve? What if you write stories because you are good at it and not because you want to imitate someone who is popular? And what if you really are a romantic but did not have an avenue to reveal it? After all, isn't everything we write some form of imitation? Didn't we read what we write now, at some point in our lives? Maybe we have not become BOGUS, maybe we are just becoming WISER (WISe readERs)...:)

     
  • At 9:47 PM, June 10, 2005, Blogger kamal said…

    awesome man BUS, this blog was extremely funny, I think after this blog you are also going to become BOGUS. You are my pick no 1 for the coming week :)

     
  • At 7:41 AM, June 11, 2005, Blogger RS said…

    You really ought to read this, funny article!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, September 04, 2005, Blogger Celia said…

    Well, I think I am still in the first stage ;) . True, I got to know about blogging from my friends and I started blogging just to vent my .... And I might move on to the blog hopping stage too .. like how I found whimsicalraconteurs-> mosakutti->srinivasabadri.

    But I don't think I would ever write something thats not me. This is one medium where in I can be free with myself, write whatever that comes to my silly mind and don't care about what others might think!!! why would I spoil it?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: BUS
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER