Stunned And Amazed!!!
Friday, April 01, 2005
Got Gulped!
Yes! I was lucky enough to find a friend who happened to have a Google Gulp cap. This gave me the opportunity to get Gulped. I liked the Sero tonic Water and Glutamate Grape. But the other two were not to my liking. But I should say I am a little worried about the data that is being sent about me and my gulp usage to the GulpPlex.


After my drink I had such a thirst for knowledge that I googled to find out about the origin of April Fool's Day. This is what I found:

The most famous theory is the change in new year day from April 1 to January 1. According to this theory before the Gregorian calendar was adopted the French celebrated New Year's from March 25 - April 1st. However, when the new calendar was introduced the New Year changed to Jan 1. Many people in France and elsewhere did not accept this change or know about the change and still continued their week long celebration in March. As a result the other people made fun of them and it is said that this gave rise to Fool's Day.

There are other theories too about the origin of this day. To read more about the famous theory and also about the other theories click here.

In other news today:

Commentator
: Phew!!! Atlast they have something that is useful and for which I have been waiting for all my life as a programmer.

Goohoo! : There is news that Google and Yahoo are forming a merger. Another proposed name is YaGoohoogle! ( try out the merged search from YaGoohoogle)

Apple: There has been a couple of interesting news from the Apple Guys.
1. They have introduced a new product iCopulate for file sharing between iPods
2. With their Tiger OS ready for release they have signed up Tiger Woods as their Brand Manager.
3. iTunes is going to use Windows Media.
4. iSocks for your iPods.

Malwarlaria: A new computer virus that affects humans has been found. It is scary!!!

Paris Hilton has been signed up to advertise for Linux. It seems her long sleek legs was an important factor in this decision.

Google Ride Finder: This is a real cool tool that uses google maps and helps to locate available taxis in a particular location.

Also Gmail is increasing its storage space to 2GB and also has introduced rich text formatting. I checked my space in Gmail and it is not yet 2GB though it is getting there. In the morning it was around 1499 MB, now it is around 1601 MB. Hopefully soon it will be 2GB.

Well, I think I am running out of energy to read and write about more news. It is time to go and get another Gulp! Adios Amigos!
posted by BUS @ 2:10 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: BUS
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER