Stunned And Amazed!!!
Sunday, March 20, 2005
My New Found Passion
Books!!! That is my new found passion. Yeah ! Yeah ! You heard it right. I did say books. B - O - O - K - S. I know some of you who do not yet know this new me are going : "You got to be kidding right!!!". Well , all I have to say is "Sorry friends , but it is true! :- ) ".

Of late I have become hooked on to books, novels, magazines and in general reading. I was not like this. I remember a time when I used to be nonchalant at the mention of books. At the same time I felt that I was missing out on something important. These guilt pangs used to be more when I was surrounded by people who were bookoholics and according to me had read every book on planet earth and I seemed like an alien in this group.

But now I think I am shedding some of this alienness and starting to feel the bliss that wraps a person when he is reading. I am not really sure how all this started but I think it had something to do with my long lasting desire to start a good habit (atleast according to me -- it is better than watching TV) coupled with the fact that I had nothing to do. I have no regrets. But it is a scary and a whole new world: "The world of Books". It is like a black hole from which there is a point of no return.

When I first went to a bookstore to pick up a book to read I was baffled at the sheer range of choices that I had and I was immediately confused as to where to begin. I realized, there are so many books, millions and millions of them, in all sizes and shapes and on virtually any topic you can think of and I have hardly read .00001 % of them. To make matters worse, by the time I am done with one book I find out that there are several new books on the same category that have come out. I immediately sensed that I have a serious back log and a lot of catching up to do. An uncanny feeling lurched deep within that I am trying to crawl out of this complex labyrinth ( of books ) that seems to grow exponentially with every step you take. After spending many days trying to figure out how to solve this puzzle, I have now made peace with myself that this is impossible. But atleast I am happy that I have become a part of this experience. As they say "It is better late than never".
posted by BUS @ 7:50 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:21 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger kamal said…

    No wonder, you actually finished the Harry Potter series in less than a months time. Cool man !

     
  • At 9:24 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger RS said…

    Yo dude, great goin'. Btw, my blog name changed to something more sensible. Also, my input to help you discover your whole new world - check out my blog (fav book entries). Join the gang!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, March 21, 2005, Blogger kamal said…

    Bus, read The Mango Season, Its a good book. I finished it overnite.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: BUS
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER