Stunned And Amazed!!!
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Other Blogs: A First Impression
I have been visiting a lot of blogs lately and I tell you there are a lot of blogs out there. You can find blogs on anything and I really mean it - anything. I found blogs devoted to Indian history, Sachin, and also a blog devoted to voicing opinions about the arrest of kanchi. Even companies have started blogs where employees can post a blog. I think that nowadays instead of creating an egroup people just create a group blog. Most of my visits have been to desi blogs. The few non desi ones I visited I did not pay much attention to it and some of them had offensive language which gave me even more reason to ignore them.

I just thought of posting my findings:
  1. Most common blog space is blogspot.com. The next is blogdrive.com
  2. The Coolest Add On I found till now is guest map from bravenet.com. This allows people visiting your blog to mark where they are viewing the page from.
  3. The Next Best Add On is the clocks from clocklink.
  4. The Most Common Add On are links to Other Blogs and Currently Reading links.
  5. The Most number of Comments I found for a particular blog was around 75. That is just insane!!. May be you have seen more comments posted but to me that is ...wow!!!
  6. Most common templates are the Minima series ( white,black, blue) followed by Harbor ( these are blogspot templates).
  7. Most bloggers use the standard templates available. It is very rare that I have seen custom made templates.
  8. The start dates of blogs date back to atleast a year before (around beginning of 2004). I, however, have not found anything started earlier than 2004.
  9. Some bloggers sign off every blog using the same phrase or statement. I thought this was kind of cool.
  10. Posting pictures is also very common. This is something I also wanted to do and may be will do it soon. Also, I saw one blog where every blog had a picture.
  11. Something I found very interesting is that people become poets in blogs. I have noticed that if people have been writing for a while then they would have attempted to write atleast one poem.
  12. Another interesting finding is the difference between guy blogs and girl blogs. From what I have seen so far the topics covered by the blogs maintained by guys ranges from as mundane as talking about every day stuff to talking about world events, discussing books, discussing history, friends etc. But peculiarly or may be obviously the topics covered by women usually pertains to sentiments, random thoughts and feelings or love.
posted by BUS @ 9:44 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: BUS
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER