Stunned And Amazed!!!
Monday, June 13, 2005
A.I through the eyes of IA.
Just finished reading I, Robot by Isaac Asimov. Talk about a visionary and I would put Isaac Asimov on the top of the list. The book written in 1950 is truly a work of brilliance. I have read a few science fiction novels - Prey, Hitchhikers but they were different. They either tackled a relatively new upcoming field like Nano technology ( Prey) or wrote about totally ridiculous, unimaginable but hilarious stuff ( Hitchhiker) but this book is not anything like it. Written in an age where the word computer was may be not even coined Asimov talks about Robot machines that help humans and virtually run their lives. The story is set in the year 2060 a century after the book's publication and weaves a series of short stories around 3 simple laws - The 3 laws of Robotics.

AI may not take as big a leap as he talks about by 2060 but it is conceivable that what he talks about can be achieved in another century may be. The book has really captured my attention that I have decided to read all of Isaac Asimov's books or atleast the Robot series.
posted by BUS @ 3:53 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: BUS
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER